Psychology Of Persuasion • How To Persuade
A person's strategy is the steps that they go through when
making a decision.
Once you know their strategy, you can customize your
presentation to match the strategy.
Here's an illustration of strategy that I use to purchase
ice cream from my favorite ice cream shop.
Knowing that this is my strategy, how would you persuade me
to stop at Brusters?
Another Decision Strategy
Based upon the values alignment example, here's a
comparison of the decision strategies that James and Susan
- Read restaurant reviews online and in the local
- Talk to friends to find out if they have ever eaten at
one of the restaurants.
- Arrive at the restaurant and ask to see the menu.
- He is fully prepared to leave if he doesn't see
anything he thinks he will like.
- He only looks at the price column after he has verified
the food choices.
- He may not ask for the menu if the decor is not
- Look around for the nearest fast food restaurant.
How To Use Decision Strategies
Once you know a person(s) strategy, adapt your presentation
to match it and get an advantage that some may consider to be